Dire wolves havent been seen in these parts for some time. And lo! These were spotted!
A little more OPP done over the holidays. Looking pretty solid as Wombatjuggernaut would say. THe eyes are the coolest part to me. That glow is fun. For anyone doing some small object source lighting painting on mechanical spiders…here is a rundown of the technique I used….
- Paint the eye socket the base color. In this case it was blackish gray
- Paint the eye snot green (darkest color I am using here).
- Paint the center of the a very bright green. I used bilious green.
- Once the above is dry. Wash the eye and socket with very watery snot green. Basically I made a wash from snot green. Let that dry. If you want more light add consecutive coats.
- Drying time…etc.. go have a sandwich.
- Then go back into the center of the eye and paint it with bilious green mixed with white. Ie…super bright!!
- Have a good night! Ooh!
OPP! Like a true homey!
Here’s a group shot of the vamps core units taken on my snazzy new desktop.